Founder Sarah Day Owen Wiskirchen
Principal of Minerva Media Co., Editor & Publisher of Raleigh Convergence.
Sarah Day is an experienced content strategist, modern media entrepreneur, editor and community volunteer.
At barely over a year old, Raleigh Convergence received a Facebook Community Journalism Project grant for the New Neighbor Project, which engages newcomers to Raleigh. Sarah Day also launched a successful live storytelling series, Converging Stories. Meanwhile, she continues to grow audience with curated newsletters, original content on the website and social community building.
An engaged community member, one of the ways Sarah Day gives back is as volunteer Vice President for Communications and Strategies for the Junior League of Raleigh.
Before starting Minerva Media Co. and Raleigh Convergence, Sarah Day’s track record of intrapreneurial innovation, content strategy and modern media training goes back more than a decade.
Some of Sarah Day’s experience before launching Minerva Media Co.:
- Project manager of a national award-winning virtual reality project.
- Bylines in BossBabe, INDY Week and others.
- Pacific group regional social media leader for the USA TODAY NETWORK.
- Graduate of program for future top editors, Emerging Leaders, which includes a Poynter Institute certification.
- Part of national training team for Gannett on community engagement, marketing and analytics for newsrooms.
- Led cross-functional team of leaders on a human-centered design project, which resulted in two vertical redesigns and new content strategies.
- More on LinkedIn